Triple Helix Corporation is looking for a resource to perform Linux system administration and DBA support within their company. The system admin will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure, will collaborate with other teams to develop customer business applications, automation strategies and deployment processes, perform architectural design and specifications on new client projects, and provide legacy troubleshooting and support of existing applications. The candidate will work within MySQL, MS-SQL Server and PostGREs environments.
- Perform Linux OS installation, server configuration, system upgrades, software and security patches management
- Deploy, configure, and administer dedicated and virtual-private-server environments (Linode, Amazon, Rackspace, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and fine tune performance and configuration issues on all servers
- Perform periodic server maintenance to ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Configure system monitoring and reporting tools
- Maintain, enhance and deploy backup and Data recovery procedures
- Install SSL Certificates and manage DNS records
- Manage user accounts for front and backend access to web servers.
- Provide telephone support to customers on server and (related) system issues.
- Work directly with 3rd party vendors, server hosting and related accounts to resolve configuration issues.
- Create and manage service tickets working with clients, operations, and team members to resolve issues on projects and service-related tasks.
- Support legacy database applications with support of updates and new customer requested functionality.
- Interface with 3rd-party applications/databases to create new data views with existing data
- Support internal programming teams by providing data model (e.g. back-end) support to ‘front-end’ development objectives.
- Ensure effective flow of communication between internal developers, customers, and management.
- Answers internal and customer user questions
- BS/BA in Computer Science or other IT related degree
- Experience with Linux Systems Administration (required)
- Experience with LAMP/LEMP stack server configuration
- Experience with software version control (GIT)
- Ability to create scripts for routine database tasks and maintenance
- Experience with SQL query profilers, performance monitoring and query plan assessments, triggers, stored procedures and functions
- Security requirements for databases, developing, documenting, and implementing backup and recovery procedures
- Experience with configuration, management related to the operation of complex relational databases
- Understanding of full life-cycle development processes appropriate for large, mission critical applications
- Willingness to take on new challenges and environments
- Understanding and ability to work under established configuration management practices and policies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan workload and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills
Triple Helix Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to create a diverse environment. All qualified candidates will receive due consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this position, please send C.V. and salary requirements to careers[at]3xcorp.com.